Location: Virginia Beach, VA
||$30,000 to $50,000 Annually
||Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Join us as Savant, Ltd., a leader in the IT industry, expands its presence locally and invests to substantially grow its market share in the Virginia Beach, VA region.
Savant, Ltd., is an information technology leader in Virginia – with a track record of strong growth, a reputation for integrity and a stable financial foundation. Savant, Ltd. is a leading provider of network design, hardware and services, and managed IT services to Enterprise markets and companies within the SMB market – especially with a growing number of clients in the medical and health professions.
Savant, Ltd. invests in developing their people and provides every opportunity to advance their careers – including a 90 day intensive training and coaching regimen. As a result, you will be capable of engaging the customer in diagnostic and consultative dialogues.
Position Title: IT Network Engineer
Switching and Routing Infrastructure Network Engineer responsible for coordination, configuration, installation, and management of all LANs/WANs and related client services within the enterprise to meet business requirements. Deploy and maintain Company owned Customer facing network connections and network hardware. Has key responsibility for the identification, troubleshooting, and resolution of technical issues related to LAN and WAN related equipment. Makes decisions that are critical in the areas of throughput analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure planning, with the potential to affect the successful execution of business transactions. Proactively researches and locates necessary tools and processes to identify troublesome trends as they develop. Participates in various team projects intended to continually improve/upgrade the network infrastructure.
Essential Job Functions
* Design and support network infrastructure and its associated network monitoring software, including but not limited to Firewall, Rate Limiting devices, Switches, Controllers, NAT, and DHCP servers
* Participate in the bid process for new opportunities
* Maintain SLA’s for all Network infrastructure
* Make technology recommendations that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
* Monitor and identify capacity and performance issues for network traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of telecom systems.
* Identify and communicate problems and opportunities for improvement in the infrastructure and technology at all times.
* Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration and network mapping.
* Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
* Complete all Network related Trouble tickets as escalated by the NOC/Operations/Customer.
* Participate in managing all network security solutions – including firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, SSL VPN, Web Proxy and other Security Appliances.
* Set and adhere to project deadlines and proactively manage communications with peers and management.
* Develop and maintain Disaster Recovery procedures for network Infrastructure.
* Provide day-to-day operational support (i.e. through monitoring and troubleshooting) to ensure availability, performance and recoverability of Crown infrastructure.
* Attend weekly production meetings while on-call
* Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, and WLAN design and implementation
* Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices
* Working technical knowledge of Firewalls, Switches, Networking protocols, VPN, DHCP, and Network Monitoring Software
* Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including IP, Cisco, Palo Alto, , Blue Coat and Aruba
* Experience with Ticket Management and network troubleshooting process
* Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
* Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
Compensation and Benefits:
We are proud of our compensation package!
- Bonus structure
- Retirement and health benefits
- Vacation and holidays
- Collaborative and proactive team environment
- Expense reimbursement
- Local travel.
Job Type: Full-time
- CCNA Equivalent experience: 2 years
Required license or certification: