Location: Virginia Beach, VA
|Compensation||$65,000 to $135,000 Annually|
|Benefits Offered||Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K|
Join us as Savant, Ltd., a leader in the IT industry, expands its presence locally and invests to substantially grow its market share in the Virginia Beach, VA region.
Savant, Ltd., is an information technology leader in Virginia – with a track record of strong growth, a reputation for integrity and a stable financial foundation. Savant, Ltd. is a leading provider of network design, hardware and services, and managed IT services to Enterprise markets and companies within the SMB market – especially with a growing number of clients in the medical and health professions.
Savant, Ltd. invests in developing their people and provides every opportunity to advance their careers – including an intensive training and coaching regimen. As a result, you will be capable of engaging the customer in diagnostic and consultative dialogues and vastly increase your ability to provide relevant business outcomes to clients.
The Network Engineer is a field systems support position focused on the development of tangible design, configuration, and delivery of client installations, troubleshooting, support and consulting services. Engineers are responsible for developing technical plans to achieve project goals, meet on-time deliverables, budget objectives, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Extensive knowledge/experience in Systems Engineering including evaluating, developing, customizing, installing, and supporting network systems.
- Expert knowledge of Cisco firewalls, routers, switches, wireless networks and other network and data center equipment.
- Expert knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 network configuration in large scale environment
- Routing Protocols, EIGRP, BGP, RIP, OSPF
- Attention to detail and ability to accurately document current network and design upgrades in various written formats (NetBrain, NEDI, VISIO, Word, etc.).
- Maintain knowledge of new technologies and vendor offerings that are cost effective and optimize performance.
- Perform after hours, weekend services as needed.
- Three or more years of increasingly responsible experience in IT with an emphasis on consistent delivery of business outcomes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience supporting WANs in an enterprise environment
- Cisco PIX, ASA, and SourceFire
- Cisco 2800, 3000 and 4000 series routers
- Cisco Catalyst switches: 3000, 4000, and 5000 series
- Cisco ASR 1001,1002, and 9001
- Cisco Nexus 9000, 7000, 5000, and 6000 routers
- Cisco FEX
- Cisco NAM
- Monitoring and configuration tools Cisco Prime, Gigamon, Lancope, Solarwinds
- Design and Analysis skills for new or existing projects
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU CURRENTLY HAVE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CISCO CERTIFICATIONS!
- CCIE, CCNP, and/or CCSP
- The Network Engineer position requires at least one existing Cisco certification as listed above. Applicant must supply the current Cisco certification as well as proof it is not associated with another Cisco partner.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Superior client relationship skills.
- Stellar attention to detail, ability to take direction and carefully adhere to instructions.
- Experience in managing multiple processes/projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
Competitive compensation package! Bonus structure, retirement and health benefits, vacation and holidays, training, a collaborative and proactive team environment, expense reimbursement, local travel. Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate.
Savant offers an intellectually stimulating and exciting environment where individual and team efforts are supported and rewarded. With a customer focused approach, we are driven to provide the best possible results for our end users and give our team the best tools with which to accomplish these tasks. Technical and sales training are highly valued and generously supported for the Savant team.
Savant, Ltd. is undergoing exciting growth! As a Cisco Certified Partner and VMware Professional Solutions Provider, Savant is an established leader in the world of Network and Infrastructure Architecture. Our technical experts utilize a polished skill set and years of hands-on experience to deliver professional services and solutions to client engagements including: Borderless Networks, Collaboration, Data Center & Virtualization, Unified Computing & Communications, Wireless, Routing & Switching, Security, Technology Procurement, Service Contract Management, and Digital Signage.
Compensation and Benefits:
We are proud of our compensation package!
- Bonus structure
- Retirement and health benefits
- Vacation and holidays
- Collaborative and proactive team environment
- Expense reimbursement
- Local travel.
Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate.